Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beer/rye sourdough bread - made with Pelican Brewing Double IPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer/rye sourdough bread - made with Pelican Brewing Double IPA

Some beer/rye sourdough bread - made with Pelican Brewing Double IPA.

The crust of this sourdough loaf is deep mahogany, almost black, and the interior was soft and chewy, with large, irregular holes. The bread makes excellent sandwiches too!

https://pelicanbrewing.com/beer/beak-breaker/ [ATTACH=CONFIG]n926648[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]n926649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]n926650[/ATTACH]​
    Attached Files

Great lookin' boule, but IPAs are way to bitter for me.

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      We'll have to see if the bitterness transfers to the bread. I suspect it will not.

That looks fantastic, but I want to see it cut to see the innards!

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd like to see inside too, but decided to throw this loaf in the freezer. I'm having some trouble with a tooth right now, so would have a hard time chewing it. It is really a dense loaf, so I expect it not to be too airy; previous loaves like this have been great for sandwich slices. I was supposed to put the bulk ferment in the fridge last night but forgot and left it out at room temp, so didn't get quite the rise I wanted. I'll try to return to show inside when I finally slice it.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here