Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese Milk Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Milk Bread

Made Shokupan today, known as Japanese or Hokkaido milk bread. Used the Yudane method as opposed to the Tangzhong method. The softest white bread I have ever made, kind of basic but unique. I used a couple slices for a hamburger bun and
    it held up well and was excellent. Only have a fourth of it left for a pic, gave half away and have now eaten the rest. Made four portions like this in a large pullman pan without the lid, so this piece is about 4 by 4 inches. I would make this into buns just for burgers next time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	milk bread.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	896817

That looks great. I had not heard of the Yudane method, but I have made that bread using the tangzhong method, and it is always super and very rich. It sounds like the Yudane method would produce bread closer to American white bread. I will have to give it a try one day. Thanx!

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      His bread looks like Ukrops white dinner rolls 😃 😋

I got spoiled on shokupan when I lived in Japan. I don't bake and the only place near me that makes it is an hour away. It's usually sold out by the time I get there on weekends.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Go ahead, Rate him on his bread. I’ll wait... ha! Kidding. Bread looks like it needs a Wagyu Slider with cheese n onion. Great looking roll!!

I’d for sure eat that!!

Comment

Looks very good! I'm sure it's delicious too.

Comment

I have a new project ahead of me...

Comment

Interesting...Ya learn something new every day.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here