Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bread Bowls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bread Bowls

Today we wanted a couple of bread bowls for soup. So I started yesterday afternoon. My target was ~300g for each bread bowl and I was making two. I like to bake these at 68% hydration so the math works out to 350g flour (300g bread, 50g white whole wheat), 238g water, 1tsp salt and 0.5tsp yeast. Mixed up the dough, did 3 stretch and folds at 30 minute intervals then divided the dough in half. Into the frig for an overnight proof and then into the oven this morning. Baked for 15mins at 450degF in a dutch oven, removed the top of the dutch oven and baked for another 10 mins. Final internal temp was 203degF when I pulled it from the oven. Cooked them one at a time as that's all the room I had in the dutch oven. Here's the before and after picture. Will enjoy these with baked potato soup for dinner tonight.

Nice!

Comment

Looks Great!

Comment

Very nice! That's real dedication for some soup.

Comment

Originally posted by theroc View Post
          Very nice! That's real dedication for some soup.
          No doubt, I do good to actually wash a bowl.

Comment

Oh the carbs! But tasty carbs, so there's that.

Kathryn

Comment

Suh-Weet, Brother!!!

Hopin it was "Loaded Baked Tater Soup", lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
                Suh-Weet, Brother!!!

Hopin it was "Loaded Baked Tater Soup", lol
                It was semi-loaded -> cheese, bacon and green onions sprinkled on top

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like Heavenly Days to this Ol Mick lol!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here