Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make sourdough bread...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Very well done.

• treesmacker
    replied
    2 Batches of 2 over 2 days... these were cold proofed overnight outside at 26-30F with mixed results. Measured internal temp was 35F when returned to inside. 3 of the 4 were baked direct from cold; the 4th was baked after additional proofing at room temp for 4 hours. The additional room temp proof made for the best loaf. The others were just too cold resulting in some lack of spring and weird uneven pregnant bulges. I think it better to proof in fridge, or maybe in garage where it is cold, but not as outside. I'm still striving for results as Richard Chrz but realize that may never be acheiveable, as he is the master.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221215_081144.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1346371 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221215_081331.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1346372 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221217_183650.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1346373 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221216_1119371.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1346374

Leave a comment:

• jhapka
    replied
    Figured I’d do more than just result photos today. Starter on Friday night. Levain at 7a and 2p Saturday. Levain before and after mixing into the water of the dough. Stand mixer, pre rounds, final shapes in the basket. Shower capped and in the fridge Saturday night at 8:30p. Baked today at 10:30a.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Allon
    commented on 's reply
    Really quite nice...

• jhapka
    commented on 's reply
    hoovarmin yes I started it in November 2019

• hoovarmin
    commented on 's reply
    jhapka are you using a sourdough starter?

• jhapka
    commented on 's reply
    hoovarmin lots of toast, PBJ sandwiches, grilled cheese, Cubanos (with leftover pulled pork). Me and my wife eat a solid loaf the week it’s baked and we give some away or cut the second loaf into slices and into the freezer for weeks when I don’t bake.

• hoovarmin
    commented on 's reply
    jhapka How do you typically use two big boules of bread like that?

• jhapka
    commented on 's reply
    hoovarmin I pushed the hydration up 1% and focused on not overhandling. Final shaping and scoring technique were drifting a little before these loaves too. Really happy with how these ones turned out

• hoovarmin
    commented on 's reply
    Great oven spring on those

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here