Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

How to make sourdough bread...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    Mad skillz! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• scottranda
    replied
    Sourdough bread. Never gets old. And every dough is different!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mark V
    commented on 's reply
    On the Forkish book Flour Water Salt Yeast. I have found it to be more than a cook book.

It has methods for poolish, biga, and 3 methods for sourdough (regular, warm spot, and double fed sweet). When I decide what I want to make I use one of his methods to get what I want.

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    I agree - that looks great.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, that looks great!

• Mark V
    replied
    Sourdough with gochujang, roasted garlic and scallions. Very flavorful, not
    an all purpose bread. Good on its own, best in a grilled cheese sandwich.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gochu bread.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	4.77 MB
ID:	1003898

Leave a comment:

• RickyBobby
    commented on 's reply
    Richard Chrz, thanks for the advice! I must admit, Iโ€™ve been using variations on about 3 different actually sourdough bread recipes and 4 or 7 different starter recipes. Ratios would be supremely beneficial to me!!!!

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    So, to counter point the flour water salt yeast, and to show bias, I bought it, it helped with confidence.

But.... I donโ€™t think it should be bought, unless you want a cookbook. It is good in the sense of confidence in baking, but, you are already making better bread then many. I say, learn the formulas and percentages, with flours you have access to, and just let the process guide you. Percentages, time, humidity, temps, itโ€™s non different then bbq. Just as fun to explore on your own.

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    +1 on Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast. Excellent book.

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Make four smaller boules instead of two, and freeze three. They should last at least another day that way...

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Meat-Up in Memphis