Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make sourdough bread...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    hoovarmin - it got good height. I'll do a side/crumb shot after it cools.

• hoovarmin
    commented on 's reply
    Damn good shaping for an 80% dough

• hoovarmin
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks RonB

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    I use whatever the recipe calls for. Another trick is to use a large aluminum disposable roasting pan. Cover the dough with it as soon as you place it on your steel, (or stone). This allows shapes other than round or multiple smaller doughs.

• rickgregory
    replied
    Today's bake. Did things a little different. 550g flour - 300g KA AP, 200g Cairnspring Expresso bread flour, 50g of Turkey Red whole wheat. 80% hydration (all water aside from 50g milk), 90 minute autolyse, followed by a 4 hour bulk at 80F and then into the fridge overnight.

I then removed it from the fridge, preshaped and shaped and let it proof for about an hour at 80F, then into a clay baker with the oven at 470F.

20 minutes covered to let the bread steam, then I removed the baker lid and let it bake for another 30 minutes. Forgot to brush off some of the rice flour from the banneton liner, hence the snowy look.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1140 (1).jpg Views:	12 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	1353460
    Last edited by rickgregory; December 30, 2022, 06:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hoovarmin
    commented on 's reply
    Richard Chrz thank you

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    475 oven is preheated for about an hour. I also think the water pan underneath of it is important, a little testing early on made me believe it acts as a heat sink for the bottom of the crust, as does the parchment paper. The parchment also helps you off load from your peel.

• hoovarmin
    replied
    For you guys using a baking steel, what oven temp do you typically use?

Leave a comment:

• hoovarmin
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, ditto what I said about Richard's oven spring. That is amazing.

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful bake.

• scottranda
    replied
    First seeded loaf. Flaxseed meal, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and some honey. Delicious!!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hoovarmin
    commented on 's reply
    The oven spring you get is amazing every time.

• scottranda
    commented on 's reply
    RonB looks delicious!!

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Want more seeded bread? Try this:

• Allon
    commented on 's reply
    I got it Richard...

You build a small room right next to the oven and rent it out...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here