Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make sourdough bread...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clawbear57
    commented on 's reply
    It looks good but I never heard of seeded bread.

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Very well done Scott.

• scottranda
    replied
    Most recent seeded loaf. Added some extra honey and some extra sunflower seeds. Tasted even better than the first! I will add pumpkin seeds next time, but I need to go buy them first!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    I do have it, but not sure if I had or someone else had, the small bits I read, I’m certain it is a good book and look forward to reading it all. It was likely his book that helped me solidify my wants for going with the lessons learned, as I felt aligned with what he was saying. So I’m still approaching all of my main bread experiments blindly though, so no books or links for me to cheat myself out of the lesson, 😂 So it is the slow process for me still. Lol very slow…

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    SheilaAnn - very good book. Not for beginners but lots of info. I was just re-reading some of it the other day as the loaf I made was OK but not quite as even and open as I'd like.

• troymeister
    commented on 's reply
    Just Beautiful!

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    rickgregory yes, 2nd edition.

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    SheilaAnn - you mean Open Crumb Mastery by Trevor Wilson? Or is this another book?

• SheilaAnn
    replied
    Richard Chrz did you turn me onto Open Crumb? If not, I highly recommend it. It does a lot of explaining. And while reading this (I’m 2/3rds through), I mentally kept comparing the information to your bakes.

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    There's a lot of good posts on baguettes on The Fresh Loaf including https://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/32...ough-baguettes and https://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/19...know-one-bread

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    Inspection on the baguettes. Although I am happy taste and texture, I have so much room for improvement on this bake. One of these days I am going to understand the key to consistency in this bake.

edited to add, for me, my hunt is in the scoring, but my shaping and proofing to the sizes I’ve worked with have been way too everywhere on the dart board. I’ve learned some cheats, but I know they are hacks, not the actual knowledge,

Click image for larger version  Name:	502A7F70-8371-4CC4-B7A8-2D53179FD2F8.jpg Views:	19 Size:	920.8 KB ID:	1355581
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; January 3, 2023, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Allon
    commented on 's reply
    Once again into the breach...

Wonderful outcome...

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you.

• Dadof3Illinois
    replied
    Once again an awesome job.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    Garlic Romano loaves. 2 as baguettes, and my favorite, the Fougasse. I have not cut the baguettes yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4ED287E7-12B2-4FAF-B734-C66BB5E92D8E.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	1355161

Name:	B7B0241F-1125-47A8-B7F6-CB41A326E387.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	1355162

Name:	88837657-6039-494B-952D-041DCD6FBB54.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	1355160

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here