Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

How to make sourdough bread...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Great looking bread

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice.

• treesmacker
    replied
    Here's my latest... sourdough beer rye... I'm happy with the oval shaped loaf. Could have done a better job scoring the tall boule. The flat boule is because I forgot to include salt and added it after the dough was fully kneaded - then I had to knead it again to fully mix the salt in.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210421_192929.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	1024247Click image for larger version

Name:	20210421_192947.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	1024248

Name:	20210421_192905.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	1024249Click image for larger version

Name:	20210422_102934.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1024250Click image for larger version

Name:	20210421_193411.jpg
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	1024251Click image for larger version

Name:	20210421_193230.jpg
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1024252

Leave a comment:

• treesmacker
    commented on 's reply
    You nailed it - beautiful...

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    Adjusted TFW down from 1kg to 800 g, for a more proportional size if bake. I dropped the leaven down 50 g as well, I may take that back up to see any difference in performance, over all, I am not cutting one as they are both sold, but, hoping I get a photo sent, so I can see.

Name:	918C2AA6-B284-4BA3-ADBA-09573BF18A88.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	1023999

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    When I first starte baking bread, I joined the King Arthur Flour version of The Pit. On one of my first attempts, the finished bread had a bunch of blisters all over it, so I asked on that forum what I did wrong. I was told that the blisters were a sign of a great bake. Great bake Richard.

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    SheilaAnn. My control issues have me well practiced in the baking process of this loaf, But, I can’t tell you, if I changed protein levels, and various flours, that it would not take me a few try’s to get it where I want, but, I would not understand why, and the various controls that change the process, and why. I understand consistency, and what temps work for me, from measuring flour temp, to water temp, to levain temp, etc but to scientifically say, I would not try
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; April 24, 2021, 02:02 PM.

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    Oh i think you know more than you let on, friend!

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Too funny, and thank you for the kind words. Hope your day is going well!
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; April 24, 2021, 10:00 AM.

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Doing more reading, the interesting tipping point in making bread from home where I live is, you can not slice the bread for them, slicing constitutes the act of serving food.

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    You really need to tone it down, Richard. I just realized that I've started hitting [Like] before I even read one of your posts ... and my right hand index finger carpal tunnel is starting to act up again. All your fault, my friend ... all your fault ...

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    Two more loaves being picked up today, and started two more for tomorrow, but those two I am going to play around with, so likely they will stay here so I can cut them open and see how it went. every time I bake I realize how very little I know about bread,

Name:	9A312F50-7FDD-4442-B28C-F650B48E44B0.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	3.75 MB
ID:	1021983

Click image for larger version  Name:	36BE59C9-9734-45DD-9904-26916D26083E.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	1.84 MB ID:	1021964
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; April 24, 2021, 10:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Sheila, I will likely have to rent some commercial space if I decide to sell my all day red sauce. That one needs a commercial kitchen.

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    I used to run shared kitchens. A lot of my clients were "graduating" from Cottage to Shared Kitchens. Cottage Laws are strict here in CA. I actually was doing some baking at my house for corporate gifts (years ago) and the stress of having pets was too much.

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    So I did check, as I already have half of my next weeks bakes sold. Our state has a cottage food language. If I want it is 15 dollars, and I would have no changes with sourdough.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Meat-Up in Memphis