Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homemade Pretzel Buns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade Pretzel Buns

Some Homemade Pretzel Buns....For Brats tonight..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4356.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	875864

Some. ... That's a load, hope you got enough brats ๐Ÿ˜Š. look really good Sir. Job well done.

Comment

Dang, bro - skilz

Comment

You my friend have some mad bread skills.

Comment

Those are GREAT looking buns. I envy your shaping skills.

Comment

• troymeister
            troymeister commented
            Editing a comment
            Skip Iโ€™ve meaning to tell you...I use the knife, cutting board an BBQ rub all the time. Everyone time we set up an appetIzer tray we use your Secret Santa cutting board. I have been using the rub in lieu of MHMD. Well who doesnโ€™t use a good knife? Thanks Skip

• Skip
            Skip commented
            Editing a comment
            You are so welcome. Glad you liked it. NOW---how did you shape those brat buns so well? I've just been practicing lately and need some pointers.

Great job!

Comment

Really nice!

Comment

Those are brat buns? 3 lb brats? What you eatin man. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Comment

• troymeister
                troymeister commented
                Editing a comment
                The wide angle lens makes them look bigger than they are. They are about 1/3 bigger than store bought hotdog buns.

Very nice work. Recipe?

Comment

Yes recipe and shaping pointers-please. I've made lots of hamburger and dinner rolls with success but my brat and hot dog bun shaping needs work.

Comment

Skip DavidNorcross I followed this recipe from the Food Network..One thing to watch out for it calls for a 1/2 cup of water not listed in the ingredients. Total liquid: 1 1/2 cups. As far a shaping, I just did what it said.....One more thing, add the baking soda to the pot of boiling water very slowly...I dumped it in all at once and had a eruption of carbonated boiling water on my stove top.

This was much much easier and faster than making a sourdough boule.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-2084894

I normally prefer to use baking recipes with grams rather than cups or ounces. But I like Jeff Mauro. He's a local celeb here in my area.
                  Last edited by troymeister; July 6, 2020, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. I'll pactice!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here