Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keto Burger Buns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keto Burger Buns

Anyone that has a decent recipe for Keto burger buns, please let me know. Every one I have tried tastes like gorilla @$$.

Thats generally been my experience too. Ive tried many recipes for keto bread/pancakes/dinner rolls etc...most of them taste like poop.

Comment

And I don't want to know how you know what a gorilla's @$$ tastes like...

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        I was really drunk and really quiet.

Portobello mushrooms

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Also lettuce, chard, etc.

I don't know if you can get true keto buns, but what you're after are lower carb flours. Almond flour, coconut, etc.

Honestly, unless you want to be able to eat burgers several times a week I'd just break keto once a week and do regular burgers with regular buns.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        breaking keto once a week would knock you out of ketosis.

These are good https://www.gnom-gnom.com/paleo-keto-burger-buns/ but I use chaffles.

Comment

My Chaffle recipe for buns. 1 egg 1 cups mozzarella 1 T everything seasoning. 1 t baking powder. Makes about three chaffles in a mini waffle maker. Cook till steam almost stops...way past when the light goes out. The other recipe is better but this is easy

Comment

Click image for larger version Name: BFB957FD-52A7-4B0D-82DD-F9A68CBB96DF.jpeg Views: 0 Size: 1.78 MB ID: 796810Click image for larger version Name: BBFB4A38-853D-4063-AF59-FF609AF56E6F.jpeg Views: 0 Size: 1.39 MB ID: 796809Click image for larger version Name: 36A34F8C-EB83-495F-B75D-A2DA56DA1318.jpeg Views: 0 Size: 1.43 MB

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	338EEA2E-4949-496B-BB44-B6F219C4C560.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	864027

Comment

• Polarbear777
            Polarbear777 commented
            Editing a comment
            I make these buns almost weekly and they are always a big hit.

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            Polarbear777 Those look good! Are they heavy egg or cheese based? The one thing i cant take with a lot of the keto recipes is the super eggy bread taste. Love eggs, love bread...do not like eggy bread.

Just use two hamburgers as the bun for the hamburger. You can’t get anymore Keto than that.

😝

Comment

My sister gave me this bun recipe for you guys. https://hip2keto.com/recipes/keto-buns/ Sounds pretty good to me.

Comment

Knife and fork.... that's the most keto friendly way.

Comment

I have been just omitting the bun. I have served open face on a bed of sautéed spinach, also on top of some grilled zucchini. I had no complaints.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here