Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Story About King Arthur Flour Company in the Time of COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Story About King Arthur Flour Company in the Time of COVID-19

https://marker.medium.com/inside-the...n-623034583579

Thanks for sharing! Cool article!

Comment

Very interesting article. They have risen to the occasion with lots of ingenuity and integrity.

Comment

Interestin read, thanks fer sharin...

Comment

That’s what having a great reputation is all about

Comment

Thanx for postin' this. KA used to have a bakers forum similar to this one, but dropped it a few years ago.

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Amazing Flour?

• scottranda
              scottranda commented
              Editing a comment
              dot com!!

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              FireMan - no - King Arthur. Pay attention!

Great article and a great company. I use King Arthur exclusively and was fortunate enough to have some on hand when all of this started. I hit the flour isle when everyone else was buying TP and bread so I increased my stock. I did some baking and put a dent in my stock and I kinda fell in with general panic and ordered more off of King Arthur's website - they warned of delayed shipping but I had it within 3 weeks. During the wait one of my grocers got a shipment in so I bought 4 bags. I bake or use flour in cooking several times a week but I have a good stock for now.

Comment

Thank you for posting. The KA site is a favorite. Lots of great information and recipes!

Comment

That was a good read, it's always beneficial to see how other organizations tackle problems. It's often surprising how vastly different entities come to similar conclusions. We took a tour of a local business and it was crazy how they faced many of the same human and supply challenges we did even though we are not even comparable in work/customer types on the face of things. The cool thing here is that they took a lot of steps that a lot of buisinesses tried to do, but were WAY more successful because of employee buy in. Hopefully there's a learnable lesson here for other corporations and businesses.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. KA is the only flour I use. Excellent product.

Comment

Great story. I hadn't known much about how KA operates. Now I'm an even bigger fan of them than I already was.

Comment

Very cool article! It will be interesting to see how people make choices between store brand and brands like King Arthur. There are things that I can’t tell a difference in but King Arthur definitely is way higher quality compared to store brand flours.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here