Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50lb bag of KA Sir Galahad All Purpose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50lb bag of KA Sir Galahad All Purpose

I found a 50 lb bag of KA's Sir Galahad All Purpose but it's $81. I don't think I'll be able to continue working on my bread skills if I don't buy it. Our grocery stores are cleaned out. Would you do it?

If you have time to practice bread baking now and you have no flour it sounds like your only choice. I'm not familiar with that flour so hopefully someone who is will chime in. Good luck.

Comment

I've used this flour with success. They sell it in our local Grocery Store. It looks like it's available to order directly. Freight Cost from ND to FL? It might be worth a try for you hoovarmin .

Comment

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Skip!

Confirm the useful life--flour does expire. That's either a long time baking or one hell of a loaf.

Comment

Sir Galahad is aimed at commercial bakers. Here's what KA sez about it:

"Sir Galahad

11.7% Protein | .50% Ash | Malted, Enriched

This is the flour of choice for artisan breads and yeasted pastries. Equivalent to a French Type 55 (milled from premium hard winter wheat), it can best be described as an all-purpose or low-protein bread flour, making it very versatile in a bakery. It yields a dough that handles easily and has great fermentation tolerance. Ideal for artisan breads, laminated dough, and Neapolitan pizza as well as cookies, scones, and quick breads."

It should be a good flour. The question is how long will it take you to use it? If you can freeze it, it will last indefinitely. Stored in an air tight container in a cool location, it should last for two years.

I found it for less than $30, but I am not familiar with the site and don't know what the shipping would be:

https://www.bakersauthority.com/prod...UaAqODEALw_wcB
        Last edited by RonB; May 2, 2020, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, that’s a great price if the shipping is reasonable

• mountainsmoker
          mountainsmoker commented
          Editing a comment
          Shipping to western NC would be $27.26

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          mountainsmoker - that's still less than the $80 hoovarmin found, and I don't what the shipping is where he found it.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here