Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forkish proofing baskets substitutes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forkish proofing baskets substitutes?

I have everything I need to follow Forkish's method except for the 9 inch proofing baskets. Apparently the entire world decided to start using them recently because every source I've found online is out of stock til mid to late May. I'm impatient and want to get started. Anyone have a substitution hack for the baskets or a suggestion for finding them?

I've used a Corelle serving dish with parchment paper. Not fancy but it workrd.

Comment

I only have one basket so when I make two loaves I use a mixing bowl that had close to the same shape as the basket. I line it with a kitchen towel dusted with rice flour.

Comment

Anything the right size and shape will work, but you need to be careful about sticking. Use flour liberally. You can brush it off when you turn the dough out of the container.

Comment

Colander with a kitchen cloth liner

Comment

• jhapka
            jhapka commented
            Editing a comment
            Large plastic showercaps to cover loaves if you do final rise in the fridge overnight

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here