Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peasant Bread K.A. Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peasant Bread K.A. Recipe

This was a simple bake. I know it was talked about yesterday. It called for 4 cups A.P. Flour. I did 3 and 1 whole wheat. I had tonight buttered with ministrone soup. I really enjoyed it. Not sure it's a good sandwich bread, but with dinner, breakfast it is a winner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200424_145950.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	837088Click image for larger version

Name:	20200424_150057.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	837089
    ​​​​
    ​​​​

Looks great! KA flour is my favorite.

Comment

I'd eat that.

Comment

Thanks for finding this recipe for us. I made some today with 2 C whole wheat and 2 C bread flour, both KA. I added 4 tsp extra water, a T vital gluten and quarter tsp ascorbic acid. Tried an egg wash and cooked in a dutch oven with the lid on for the first 15 minutes. Very happy with the result.

Name:	IMG_1009(Edited).jpg
Views:	120
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	838193

Name:	IMG_1011.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	838192

Comment

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice, I did the egg wash, and was happy with the results. Yesterday pulled some smoked brisket out of the freezer along with some smoked sharp cheddar. On the bread and in oven for about 7 minutes at 425. Good lunch.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here