Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bellagio’s banana bacon bread pudding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bellagio’s banana bacon bread pudding

I love it when a recipe comes through my Facebook feed and I have all the ingredients. There’s a video, you can find it on Facebook by using the title of this post.

The instructions go 4-3-2-1 1-2-3.

4 cups day old bread, cubed
    3 tablespoons white sugar
    2 eggs
    1 cup milk

1 banana, sliced
    2 tablespoons maple syrup
    3 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled

Preheat the oven to 375*. Grease a small baking dish.

Saute the banana in the maple syrup. In a separate bowl mix the eggs, sugar, and milk; add the bread and soak it all together. Add the banana and the bacon, and make sure they are mixed in evenly. Spoon it all into the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.

Note: Mine wasn’t done at 20 minutes, and was a wee little overdone at 35. Just keep an eye on it. And, I used old hot dog and hamburger buns. It came out fine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3121361A-2BF6-48A0-96A5-399E1AC61206.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	830649

Banana/Bacon. Just goes to show ya that bacon makes anything better.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6DB46C2F-D4C5-413F-9710-52A20B03EA11.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	830731

Comment

Mmmm....Looks so good. I'm thinking a honey bourbon sauce with cinnamon to top it off.

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Rum/maple reduction.

1/2 cup maple syrup
          1/4 cup brown sugar
          3 tablespoons butter
          1 tablespoon rum
          1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
          Last edited by Mosca; April 12, 2020, 03:33 PM.

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks great! Rum is my hard rink of choice, in fact I just finished my last bottle and hour ago.

Wow that beats my recipe hands down. But feel free to follow me for others.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200413-WA0001.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	831070

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here