Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banana rum cake question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banana rum cake question

Looking in the pantry, I have all the ingredients for a rum Bundt cake, the traditional one using cake mix and pudding mix.

I’ve added pecan and brown sugar topping to it, with excellent results. What about mashing up a banana into it? I’m thinking it certainly won’t hurt anything, and might be pretty good.

Thoughts?

That might work, but maybe cutting the bananana into small chunks would have less effect on the cake - I'm just thinking out loud here...

Comment

I skipped it. I only have enough stuff for one cake, and if it comes out wrong I’ll be pissed.

Comment

I'd think that if one were to adjust th bundt's ratio of ingredients to be similar, mebbe slightly dryer, than nanner bread, ya could have a definite winner on yer hands, Brother!
        Rich, moist stuff is what I predict...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
          I'd think that if one were to adjust th bundt's ratio of ingredients to be similar, mebbe slightly dryer, than nanner bread, ya could have a definite winner on yer hands, Brother!
          Rich, moist stuff is what I predict...

And that is what I got... Nice to have just enough rum, with a little left over for chef’s treat!

Click image for larger version

Name:	6B0FBC75-2B3E-40F6-8D5D-7627FBB0A628.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	822560

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Excellent job, beautimous bundt cake! Did it have th nanners in? On accounta that's what I meant, above...hmmm, gots me some unopened Sailor Jerry, over to my bar; might haveta make me a rum an coke, later on today...
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 29, 2020, 11:17 PM.

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            I skipped them. No heart for experimenting right now.

In case you're planning a second run at this recipe --

The rum cake I make is already pretty moist, so adding a banana might be a little too much of a good thing. Also I think the banana flavor might ruin the delicate rum/butter (rhumba?) party going on.

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            How about this for the next one: slice the bananas and cook them in butter and brown sugar, then layer the bottom of the Bundt pan before pouring in the batter. Or, alternately, slicing the bananas into the finishing glaze and then pouring it over the cake at the end?

• IowaGirl
            IowaGirl commented
            Editing a comment
            A bananas Foster rum cake? Hmmm, that might be tasty!

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            Azzackly what I was thinking, IowaGirl!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here