Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took a different path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a different path

I got a bit lost but found my way.

I was going to bake soft pretzels today. I followed the recipe, at least I thought I did. My issue was working with the dough to form the pretzel. It was supposed to be soft and elastic. It was, but working with it was difficult as it was sticky. I even put nitrile gloves on and greased them. Could not form the pretzel. So, It called for 8. I took that cut it to 4 and made pretzel rolls. Turned out a success. My wife asked me an inocent question. Did I leave the Bread Flour in the bag? I used All Purpose Flour. Not sure if that was the reason I could not work with the dough. So we'll try again. However, these are pretty good. Tastes like a soft pretzel and with spicey mustard, nice.

Recipe below.

Soft/chewy, buttery street vendor-style pretzels; comfort food at its best.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200304_145602.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	811620Click image for larger version

Name:	20200304_172247.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	811621

Looks good. oh how I miss good bread.

Comment

I have never made pretzel shaped pretzels. I always make logs. They are much easier to shape, and take up much less room. Good save though...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here