Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rustic Loaf Baked Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rustic Loaf Baked Today

Used TJ's Everything Seasoning Blend. I did not have the multi grain blend they suggest. I also substituted whole wheat flour for the pumpernickel in the recipe for the sponge. Same, reason. Had a corned beef sandwich. Great crust and crunch. The blend might be a bit overwhelming for some. It came close for me, but I enjoyed it. Will get their Harvest Grain Blend, and since I'm ordering the pumpernickel flour.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200226_121343.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	808795Click image for larger version

Name:	20200226_133639.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	808796Click image for larger version

Name:	20200226_133843.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	808797

That looks really good! On the other end of the spectrum, I baked a sourdough rye today that I threw away. It had caraway and fennel seeds, 40% rye, 80% hydration and orange zest. It was overpowering flavored, and I had problems with the wetness, so probably didn't form the loaves right, very difficult. A learning experience, I am a rookie. I have made the Tartine country rye with good results but want a more pronounced rye flavor. Any recipes would be welcome.

Comment

I'm a rookie too. I've been using King Arthur recipes. They make it easy to understand and follow. I'm thankful it's a 2 hour drive to their VT. location. Planning on going 2nd week in March. Wish list is growing. My next attempt. My wife has been pushing me to do this. I've procrastinated. I'm at the end of the runway.

This blueberry buckle coffee cake recipe has been a classic for years: moist, easy to make, and liberally studded with juicy berries. Make this coffee cake with King Arthur Baking now!

Comment

• Skip
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        So fun for you! I wish I lived that close to a KA location, I like their recipes too.

I'm planning to make KA's Russian Black Bread one of these days. Barbara's loooooves black bread.

Comment

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll look that one up. Thanks

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here