Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unusual loaf of Sourdough Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual loaf of Sourdough Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Unusual shape because I baked it in my Lekue Silicone Bread Maker. I had sourdough starter discard and wanted to do something with it. https://www.amazon.com/Lekue-Silicon...20585675&psc=1
    https://www.kingarthurflour.com/reci...h-bread-recipe

Attached Files

Nice raisin loaf. I'm betting it tasted unusually good too!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I like the look of that!

Comment

Ya might want to look a little closer at those raisins - I think I see legs on one of them...

Gooood job.

Comment

Working on my sourdough stuff this weekend. I'm mostly satisfied, except my loafs are coming out kinda flat. Need to work on it - maybe a little less hydration.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200216_194332.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	803627

Comment

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              Forkish says that sometimes overproofed breads have better flavor, so he let's them go a bit long. I get mad at GBBO because they are consistently down on dark loaves and overproof... and then say the taste is good, even if the bake is "bad."

• treesmacker
              treesmacker commented
              Editing a comment
              Potkettleblack - yep, it really should be about the taste and texture, not just the art of it. I would like to make pretty bread, but the long loaf pictured in the back tasted great, and the texture and chew was really good! The other loaves are in the freezer.

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd like Paul Hollywood to judge Ken Forkish's loaves... I would find that amusing...

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here