Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Sourdough Loaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Sourdough Loaf

This boule it's my first attempt at a natural wild yeast leavened bread. I followed the recipe for Basic Country Loaf in the Tartine Bread book carefully. Everything was going very well until I went to turn it out of the banneton and it stuck to the liner. The whole "top" came off and the loaf substantially deflated. It did recover fairly well in the pot, considering. The bread tastes delicious it is very tender with great flavor. Quite different form the no-knead loaves I had been making. If I can figure out how to get it to release from the basket liner, the next one should be much better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200208_232335.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	801175Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200208_232642.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	801176

Had the liner stuff happen to me, even heavily floured. I tossed it.

Comment

Good looking loaf. Don’t sweat the sticking banneton. It’ll get better after a few more loaves ... just keep it well floured.

Comment

Certainly looks good! What kind of flour - any wheat or rye in there?

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. My starter, and leaven, are 50/50 unbleached white AP flour and whole wheat flour. The bread is 90/10 white bread flour to whole wheat.

Use white rice flour on the banneton liner. Looks great!

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I'll try that next time.

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          + 1 on what Pequod said.

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          That' what I use as well. You can also use semolina if you have it.

That looks right pretty there. I would eat it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here