Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No-knead bread 1st try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakgrovebacon
    replied
    We had some for lunch just now and it was good with a chewy crust. I think this will be an every weekend cook. I will try a little darker next one. Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    That looks like a great bake. You need to follow the recipe for the bread, but baking time is a bit flexible depending on how dark you like it. It will turn black before it dries out inside, so don't worry about that and go as dark as you would like.

Leave a comment:

• Oakgrovebacon
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! I will experiment with more.

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    Looks great, I would up the temp a bit to 475, and when you take the lid off, have the confidence to go 20-25 minutes if you would like a bit darker and "bark"ier (stealing from smoking) crust. Looks excellent!

Leave a comment:

• Oakgrovebacon
    started a topic No-knead bread 1st try

No-knead bread 1st try

Dewesq55 After drooling on my iPad after seeing the no-knead bread that you and others here have posted, I decided to give it a try. I found neglected 5qt ci Dutch oven in the basement that I cleaned and seasoned for a baking vessel. I followed the Lahey recipe as he seems to have down to a tried and true one. The kitchen is a bit cool in the winter, 67 deg so I let the dough rise next to my bunn coffee maker which kept it about 70. Twenty two hours for 1st rise and three for the second. Into the ci preheated to 450 for 30 min with the lid, 10 min with the lid off to finish. Thanks for the inspiration to try something new when it to cold to cook outside. Click image for larger version

Name:	87ACF8D8-9B3A-4F77-AF12-02748D12E655.jpeg
Views:	241
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	796134Click image for larger version

Name:	DAAA188A-2650-4FCD-84A7-91DD06DB812F.jpeg
Views:	289
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	796133

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here