Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bread making by the steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bread making by the steps

I have been thinking and have come to the decision I am going to use my blog that I recently set up to talk about my cooking from a "why and How" but also and likely more importantly for me at least, the why and how's of how I do my cooking with from my power wheelchair and limited use of hands (and legs that work maybe 20 percent of the time), and how I protect or reserve my energy through the steps.. No worries, I am not going to spam Amazing Ribs with my blog (if anything) I will promote the free side of AR, and a few books and sites, and encourage others to become a paid members of Amazing RIbs. But, if someone would like to follow along, I can share. I plan on covering the starter, and do a day to day post with photos, and temps etc, and how I may adjust accordingly. Would cover needed equipment. If it all looks like it has been done in a professional manner (my writing skills are horrible). I may share the day to day steps, not the blog. Would there be any interest in following along here or on my blog? I may be fooling myself that this would be useful to someone. My focus on my blog will be things I do because of my chair and arms/ hands. I am by no means an expert, or even someone who has it all figured out at many levels, but, from a chair standpoint, and extremely less energy then I would like, I think I make a pretty acceptable loaf of bread.

Post the link.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I will post it once I have officially made my first post. Thank you for your interest. Hopefully it is interesting, or at least informative. . lol

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      + 1

That could be interesting. As someone who is mobility challenged, I use a walker, we must adapt and adjust. I really admire your determination and drive. To say nothing about your skills and finished dishes.

Having stools with wheels in the kitchen and out back. Planning ahead making sure utensils and ingredients are handy. And most importantly accounting for the added time necessary to complete the cooking. Giving myself a day off after a long cook.

I would be interested in your blog.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      You nailed it, and from an energy standpoint, how do you adapt or change baking and ferment times and temps to adjust for what you realistically can do, vs. what is said to do. What is given up in those attempts amd does it matter in taste if given up.. etc.. it is an ordeal that many have no idea about. Keep kicking ass as well.

I would love to view your blog and see how you make bread. I've been making sourdough for a few years, off and on. I've read your posts and it looks like you have far surpassed me and my meager skills.

Comment

Count me in!

Comment

This is great Richard. I can't wait to follow your blog! Thanks, you are an inspiration to many of us!

Comment

I’d be interested in the blog!

Comment

I would be interested in the blog as well Richard Chrz I am just starting out with bread making and have read two of Peter Reinhart's books and done a few bakes, but the results are just of bit off in texture, especially with whole wheat. Your bakes are like works of art!

Comment

any insight into how you make your amazing bread is welcome news to me. SIgn me up.

Comment

By all means, please share the link with us when you are ready. It will be fascinating to see the level of detail in your planning. I often go into a cook with the feeling that I have thought it through well, only to find that I have barged ahead on some aspects that leave me unprepared when a critical step suddenly arrives. I think that seeing your discipline in settling those details ahead of time will be a huge help to many of us regardless of our mobility level.

Comment

Personally I think a few of you are going to be disappointed, I have no magical or steps that go "beyond" I have the luxury of time, I am an extremely patient purpose that believes in the process, and I consider every bake a success of the elements of that bake. With that being said, I am looking forward to documenting all of this. I may go through the essential equipment and the would be nice to have equipment as early as tomorrow or Wednesday. I need to get my mind engaged in it, But we have contractors coming to our house today, and I need to file some tax reports for my wife's business as well.

Comment

Well, here is a link if you are bored and care to follow along, no promises on anything other then I will take this through to 2 separate bread bakes, one that somewhat follows the standard time lines, and one that follows my lazy and have too much time . Remember, I am new to this myself, so if you are looking for really good advice and plans. I suggest you purchase one of the many great books out there. timeline. https://richardchrz.blogspot.com/

Comment

• ofelles
                      ofelles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ditto

• 58limited
                      58limited commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks!. Looking forward to seeing your methods, your bread always looks great. I use King Arthur flour too (50% whole wheat and 50% unbleached all purpose). I haven't started a wild starter because we have a lot of bad stuff in the air here in SE Texas (I tried once - not a good outcome). I have a few cultures that I keep going: King Arthur's, Carl Griffith's, and two from sourdo.com.
                      Last edited by 58limited; February 1, 2020, 08:06 PM.

• Skip
                      Skip commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Richard Chrz .

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here