Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another No-knead Boule - With Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another No-knead Boule - With Changes

I've been happy with my bread as fast as texture and flavor, but I wanted it to be a bit taller. Since I don't have a narrower suitable cooking vessel, I decided to increase the size of the dough. I increased the flour from 400 g to 500 g and followed the baker's percentage to smaller there other ingredients. Since I am now trying the second rise/proofing in a payment lined bowl, I decided to try not coating it with anything. Finally, decided to try to score the to because I like the look and was not getting any natural split on my boules. My knife wasn't quite sharp enough so I didn't get a clean score the full length of the dough. It just came out of the oven and In pretty happy with it, considering I haven't cut it open yet. I got a little bit of a split on the top, the color is good and it says Hollie on the bottom. The bottom was on the verge of scorching in some places, but seems to be quite acceptable.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200119_141018-01.jpeg Views:	14 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	793479
    Last edited by Dewesq55; January 19, 2020, 02:22 PM.

That looks really tasty!

Comment

Looks great to me! How are you getting steam in the oven? Are you using a closed baking vessel? Moisture to create some steam is important for that "oven spring." Oh, and pass the butter, please!

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thunder77 - Yes. Covered enameled cast iron dutch oven. It's pretty clear I got some oven spring since my feeble attempt at scoring the top opened up.

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        You sure did. I use either a utility knife with a fresh blade, or a very sharp serrated knife for scoring. Keep going, you will get where you want to go, and you will enjoy the bread making journey!

Looks fantastic! Great bake!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here