Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're on the fence about making bread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chief1232 - Baking bread is not hard, but it is science, so follow whatever recipe you decide to try. A good scale is the only equipment that I recommend for beginners. Weighing ingredients is much more accurate than measuring by volume. And good luck!

If you don't want to buy a scale until you find out if you like it, don't buy one yet, but do measure carefully.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      When I got my scale I did some measuring vs. weight tests and I could not believe how in accurate measuring was.

• Chief1232
      Chief1232 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh perfect. Thank you! I actually have a scale that I use when I make Bacon!

Here is this weekends 16 bakes. I have the bug..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_106705.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	794542
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_106961.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	794543

Comment

Chief1232 I started with a mix I posted somewhere. It was a French Seasoned bread from KA I bought it on a visit last summer. It's easy to follow along the instructions. That's what got me going to attempt a real bake. So I'm hooked. Here's my future attempts.

Will be next week at the earliest. But they are on my list.

These crunchy baguettes feature a chewy interior riddled with holes, and a crisp, deep-golden crust. Create the perfect baguette with King Arthur Baking!

​​​​​
    This seeded light, soft rye bread is delicious in sandwiches.

At some point I'll expand beyond K.A. But for now I find their recipes easy to follow. So being a rookie, small steps 1st.
    ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Chief1232
      Chief1232 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir!! I will definitely try this!

Tonight I begin with the Baguettes. Starter tonight and bake tommorow. I'll chronical good or bad.

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/classic-baguettes-recipe

​​​​​​​

Comment

​​​​​ ​​​ ​​​ Here are the results from the bake. It turned out great IMHO. My wife is a fan and a I gave a loaf to my daughter, and she said better than the bakery. So I hit the mark. Only thing is when I slashed just before baking, I could have done a better job. Practice leads to improvement. Here are the pictures also mixed up an EVO dip. Basil, rosemary, minced garlic, salt and pepper.

​​​​​

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Photos not showing for me...

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here