Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for recipes or advice on a Bourbon Pecan Pie,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for recipes or advice on a Bourbon Pecan Pie,

And pluses if you have recommendation on grilling it.....

I am hoping to later today to make pie crust for a pumpkin and also a Bourbon Pecan pie, that I would mix up tomorrow and put in pie shells made today. I am open to recipes if willing or wanting to share on both pie types, and your crust types and why it may improve the grill process.

Thank you in advance for any reply.

I'm not sure if you can see this recipe: https://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/6418-thoroughbred-pie (free 14 day trial)

We make this Thoroughbred pie every year, but use pecans instead of the walnuts that are in the recipe. Basically a bourbon pecan pie, with a small layer of chocolate on the crust. It is amazing.

I haven't tried it yet, but it could be amazing to bake it on the grill. only needs 325.
    Last edited by Derickls; November 26, 2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I have the ability to see it. I was thinking with a bit of cherry smoke

Here’s my advice, skip the pie and drink the bourbon

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya beat me to it...

Saveur had this one posted a few days ago. I'm making one come Xmas.
    Bolstered with dark chocolate and bourbon and topped with vanilla ice cream, this pecan pie is more decadent than a brownie sundae.

Comment

use candied pecans on top.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C02D1BC7-309C-46AB-92AB-EF7EFDF24CFD.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	773679

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Couldn’t comment and post. Soak nuts in bourbon then dry in oven before making crust. You could also put some bourbon in pumpkin pie mix. Haven’t done the bourbon but it sounds good. This recipe is a winner.

The pecan pie I make out of Betty Crocker is wonderful. Love it and it gets rave reviews when I make it. The bourbon addition calls for 2 TBS bourbon added to the corn syrup. If you are interested in it, let me know and I can photograph it and message or post if that’s not an issue.

Im going to add chocolate to it this time as well. Can’t wait!

Comment

Finished Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie, homemade crust.

cant wait to get into this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7BF175DC-5073-4F68-AC00-ADB2BDE4490C.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	773979

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow!

• Richard Chrz
            Richard Chrz commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks fantastic. My wife is making our bourbon pecan choc pie. She wanted to do it on her own, so we have a store crust. But, I am happy she wanted to help. and my mom is bringing pumpkin, so I am not doing anything outside the stuffing, a turkey, and a prime rib roast.

So..., are you going to share the recipe you used as the thread wants or just going to let us all drool over your fine looking pie?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here