Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuff just got real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuff just got real

Our local grocery store no longer sells Stone ground Rye flour from Hodgson MIll, and was told they believe they are moving out of that all together. So, I went on amazon and ordered a 25 lb bag of Stone ground Rye flour, and since it is going to come in a big enough box, I snuck a 8 in Victorinox chef knife in on that order as well.

Good move, A person needs to save postage and shipping whenever possible. There's nothing like saving some money. Have fun with the flour and knife!

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      And saving on emissions and packaging waste too Gotta be green or sumthin'

I have that knife and I really like it. It is my go to knife. Looks like a lot of rye in the future. I'll be by later

Comment

My son got that knife for Christmas last year. Indestructible. Good call.

Comment

Now that was a cutting edge move.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          lol

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          ^^ Rye comment^^

Here's hoping your ploy works, Richard Chrz . Whenever I try that, Amazon ships in two separate boxes. Grrrr.

P.S. You're going to love that knife. I use mine a lot. It holds an edge nicely. It got more attention before I got my Shun chef's knives, though.

Kathryn

Comment

When you run out, King Arthur still sells rye flour.

America's favorite baking supply company. Top-quality all-purpose and specialty flours, specialty baking ingredients, baking sheets & pans, baking tools & supplies

Comment

Well it arrived, and the new Chef knife was packaged with it. so, came in the house completely under the radar. The flour not so much, a photo with a 5 lb bag next to is for scale. I may order most of my flour this way. Once I can figure out storage containers and conditions.
          Attached Files

Comment

I am so lucky - I am totally unsupervised. Please don't tell her ( OMG that would be bad )

Comment

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL, truth being told, my wife really would not care, although, when the third dutch oven arrived in 3 months roughly, she said, exactly how many of those do you really need? Thankfully I asked her which color she would prefer to see in the kitchen.

• JGo37
              JGo37 commented
              Editing a comment
              I go with red for display, and vintage CI is out in the garage on shelves ready for the grills

• gcdmd
              gcdmd commented
              Editing a comment
              Richard Chrz
              When I get asked that question I usually try to steer the discussion around to ladies' shoes.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here