Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd run on bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd run on bread

Made a 50/50 whole wheat - white Biga this time I think I am hooked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bread 21.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	733211Click image for larger version

Name:	Bread 22.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	733213Click image for larger version

Name:	Bread 23.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	733212Click image for larger version

Name:	Bread 24.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	733210

They look great!

Comment

You're killing it!

Comment

Really wow. That is great looking bread.

Comment

If you were British, I would say you should join the Great British Bake Off!!

Comment

Dude, yer killin me....my only weakness fresh bread....
            Well, I may have a few more , but this is at or near the top.
            Great job

Comment

Great looking bread....love the proofing basket lines!!

Comment

Richard, that bread looks great! I'm on my way to LaCrosse--------with the butter!

Comment

Thank you for the kind words on the bread. I am thinking of cutting these into 4 equal pieces, giving them away, so I can make more. Next week I have a few more 6 qt dough cambro tubs arriving so I can start my sour dough starter. Like most things, I enjoy the process likely more then the eating, although the eating is pretty darn good too. I might have to find new ways of buying and storing flour this winter.

Comment

I’m a huge fan of baking on my cookers. Nothing says "I know fire management" like pulling off fine baked goods, and that bread is looking fine!

Comment

Baked my first bread today. Saturday White. I didn't flour the proofing basket enough, had a tough time getting it out, and was worried I had messed it up, but it still came out great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190822_174304.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	733899Click image for larger version

Name:	20190822_194812.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	733898

Comment

Looks fantastic, bet it tastes great as well. I read that you are not to clean out the bsket. I think the accumulation of flour helps build all those things. I really drenched mine on the times that had more flour. ND do not wipe it out anymore.

Comment

That is some fine looking bread. I keep my wheat and rye bread in the freezer. White unbleached bread can be stored in an air thigh container in a dark cool pantry. I also keep my yeast and seeds in the freezer.

Great future success with your baking.

Comment

WOW, this looks amazing! Great job man. Now I want to start making bread on my GMG.
                            Can anyone point to me some good recipes? :")
                            Last edited by For-A-Song; August 22, 2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here