Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First run at making bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First run at making bread

i followed the "Saturday" bread recipe in Flour water salt yeast book. Very pleased with the results.
    Attached Files

My first loaf didn't look anything like that... in fact... it didn't even look like bread. Nice job.

Comment

Great job! I’m getting close to my first, quite inspirational! 🕶

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        this is a slippery slope. LOL I now have a very serious MCS for bread making in a bad way.
        Last edited by Richard Chrz; August 10, 2019, 08:53 AM.

Wow! Great job. Have not made bread in quite a while. I use to made sourdough and ciabatta quite a bit. got of of the habit I guess

Comment

Nice loaf. I love that book and making bread, but it's more of a cooler months kind of thing for me. Make up a batch of bacon then do Ken's Pain Au Bacon recipe. Man, that stuff is good!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree to the cooler months thing, but, I bought everything, so it felt kind of wrong not to start.

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I used to agree with that, until I got my kamado. Now I bake bread outside in the summer time, using the Primo or the Akorn. Both work really well, and I don't heat up the house.

Nice job. I have a bread machine so it keeps me from heating up the oven.

Comment

Great job - first boule or not.

Comment

Wonderful Bread Richard Chrz ! Another Bread Baker on Interstate 90.

Comment

just started reading the book, have a bunch of the equipment in the amazon cart. ready to start as soon as payday rolls around. hope my first loaf looks as good as yours.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                Richard Chrz commented
                Editing a comment
                I filled and emptied my cart probably 20 times over the past month or so before I finally pulled the trigger. I hope you enjoy it also!

Looks Grand!
              Is it like a no kneed bread?

Comment

There is no kneed in the sense of Kneeding, as you do all of the work inside a plastic 12 qt round cambro. but, it is a kneed bread, as you are engaged in several layers of folding the bread and forming the bread, it is just done in a container, rather on the counter, hence keeping things much cleaner in the kitchen. But, a super easy process, especially if you like to have controls (temperature, time) Ken Forkish even says that you should consider them ingredients

Comment

If that is your first loaf, I can't wait to see some more! Great job! that is beautiful. I love Flour , Water, Salt and Yeast. One of my favorite bread books. Try the Field Blend #2, and the Pain au Bacon. You won't be disappointed!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                    Richard Chrz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thunder77, thank you. I look forward to walking through this book per-se and learning. His instructions are pretty thorough, any and all credit should be given to him. I am sure I will have plenty of lessons learned along the way, but, that is really no different then even life. Thank you for the recommendations, I look forward to trying them!

Great loaf, great book. I can attest that my first loaf of bread didn't look anywhere near as good. Keep up the good work and have fun.

Comment

Great looking loaf! This looks fantastic!

Comment

Great looking boule, well done!! Been making my own bread for 20 years, once you are hooked there is no going back!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here