Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Sourdough Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to The Pit. Nice lookin loaf too.

• scottranda
    replied
    Looks awesome! Just making sure you’ve also seen the other massive thread on sourdough. Some good discussion there.

we’d love to see more of your breads!!

Leave a comment:

• BreadMen
    replied
    I often cook bread myself.
    This recipe is very tasty.

Easy Keto Zucchini Bread

And most importantly, you will not spend a lot of energy, because it is very easy.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    That makes sense, thanks for the reply.

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    I keep them in my fridge and only feed one at a time. Some say that eventually the cultures will change to reflect local conditions but all of mine still smell and taste different even after several years. I use King Arthur flour to feed, flour has yeast that may take over but it is the lactobacillus bacteria that really make the character of a culture. I think I have been able to exclude local lactobacilli (sterile technique and fast work-lid off very short time) to keep the original character

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Wish I had a '58 Olds to go with my '58 Buick. Love chrome!

• CaptainMike
    replied
    58limited you mention maintaining 5 different cultures. How do you store them to ensure they are not repopulated with the local yeast cultures? Do you feed them differently to accomplish different profiles?

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    Yea maintaining the cultures was my downfall.
    '58 Buick and Olds always have loved them by the way

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, its time consuming. I haven't baked since before the new year. I was feeding the cultures (I have 5 different ones) the other day and decided to take advantage of the holiday weekend to bake. I have day old dough in the fridge for pizza and focaccia - should have an amazing flavor after a day or so.
    Last edited by 58limited; April 21, 2019, 12:43 PM.

• ofelles
    replied
    A few years ago, I got into making breads. Sourdough and Ciabatta mostly. Although the bread was the best I slowly stopped; time consuming and oven space (and I’m just lazy).
    Now with the Yoder maybe I’ll try again. Thanks for the inspiration and that recipe sound so good!

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Wonderful! I've been thinking of doing a jalapeno cheesebread and this is now the motivation. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Try this faster easier bread - nice and moist, great flavor - I've made it several times: https://youtu.be/GDNWZF70wcc

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    The method I used is not really hard but is a bit time consuming - natural sour dough is a slow process. I usually coincide my baking with housework so I'll be nearby to turn the dough every 30-45 minutes. The turning itself only takes a minute. You have to do that for the first 3-4 hours, depending on how fast the dough rises. After that, about 30 minutes to divide, rest, and shape the dough then another 3-4 hours to rise. There are tricks to work around a busy schedule - cold rising, etc.

• Troutman
    replied
    I love bread. I love artisan bread even more. My talents have always leaned toward the savory, I’m not a baker. Looking at you’re delicious loaf maybe I need to reconsider that.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here