Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newest favorite cake recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newest favorite cake recipe

OK, I haven't cooked it outside yet but I have cooked it inside and it is easy to do fzxdoc
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 7.25.20 PM.png
Views:	258
Size:	447.7 KB
ID:	635785

https://parade.com/700554/parade/cho...-chevron-cake/ or just google ina garten ganache cake

I hope they dont take away my BBQ card for posting this.

That looks great.

Comment

Name:	2D84479F-9FE9-4EFE-8599-B55C15D5212A.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	635817 My wife had a birthday last week and I usually make a cake. I don’t do a box cake I just think it’s more fun. This year I made a hot fudge cake and was awesome.

Hot Fudge Cake
      Prep Time
      10 mins
      Cook Time
      40 mins
      Total Time
      50 mins
      Servings: 6 to 8 servings
      Ingredients
      1 cup all-purpose flour
      3/4 cup sugar
      3 tablespoons cocoa powder
      2 teaspoons baking powder
      1/4 teaspoon salt
      1/2 cup milk
      2 tablespoons vegetable oil
      1 teaspoon vanilla
      1/4 cup cocoa powder
      1 cup light brown sugar
      1 3/4 cup hot tap water
      Instructions
      Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
      In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Mix well. Spread the mixture (it will be thick) into the prepared baking dish.
      In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup cocoa powder and brown sugar. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the cake batter. Gently pour the hot water over the cake. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cake is set. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving, but do serve warm alongside some vanilla ice cream.

Comment

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        That cute little grandbaby is showing amazing restraint.
        Last edited by gcdmd; June 1, 2021, 12:53 PM.

Ah yes, Schertz, TX...home of the Koenig Schiessen...well I don't guess they have done that for a long time now...

Comment

• jecucolo
        jecucolo commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't know what that is. Might have to ask an old timer...if I can find one?

• fracmeister
        fracmeister commented
        Editing a comment
        jecucolo You have to be interested in the history of shooting clubs in Texas to get that one. "A big and very active shooting club was located on the site that is now the City Park. There was an annual shooting tournament called Koenig Schiessen or "King Shoot". This was a two-day affair with people coming from San Antonio by train. The last night, a big dance was held to close the event for that year." some coal from a train burned down the hall more than 100 years ago...

Great story!

Comment

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. Many years ago I lived just down the road, in Mission Hills.

mmmMMMMMmmm.

fracmeister and jecucolo .

Just in time for Valentine's Day (my fav day of the year because I get a present without having to be a year older or to decorate the entire friggin' house for Xmas to get it. )

Kathryn

Comment

Another friend, another birthday...Didn't turn out as pretty but they sure taste great

Name:	cake.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	637188

Comment

• jecucolo
          jecucolo commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome

The cake is looking amazing! I have just started cooking and I am still learning about everything. Some friends of mine are chefs and I am looking at them in order to learn tricks from them. One of them has told me about [link removed by Huskee, please don't spam us] at one point and I was able to learn about some recipes from there. I am not good when it comes to putting things in the over, but I will get there eventually. These days I love to make cakes and sweets. I don't know why, but it makes me so happy when I am looking at a cake that I've made
        Last edited by ralphden; June 2, 2021, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to The Pit.

Tell us what you like to cook, and what you like to cook it on and we might be able to help improve your cooks.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here