Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forkish Sourdough in Emile Henry Ceramic Cloche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forkish Sourdough in Emile Henry Ceramic Cloche

For my birthday, my wife has gifted me an Emile Henry "Le pain maison" 11” ceramic bread cloche.

Very excited, but will have to adjust bread baking schedule to use the cloche. EH recommends putting the loaf in the cold cloche, and heating it with the oven, with a total bake time for an hour, with perhaps the last 10 minutes uncovered for a thicker, more tradition crust. Forkish has you preheat the cast iron and 20 minutes without the lid. I’ve been wanting a thinner crust, so more time covered and less time uncovered?

Will be experimenting side by side.
    Last edited by Potkettleblack; February 10, 2019, 07:07 PM.

I use the Superstone cloche in the manner Forkish recommends the Dutch oven with very good results, especially the crusts. My DO's are all CI, though I plan on acquiring a ceramic. With that, people prefer bread from the cloche over the CI DO, though both produce identical-looking loaves. I'm interested in your trials.
    Last edited by CaptainMike; February 11, 2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      As I am currently in ketogenic maintenance, this might be a slow process, though I think I’ll bake next week.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm happy to see that you edited the title, I was scratching my head about where you where going with it. I really do like the crusts with Ken's breads. I baked the "Overnight Blonde" today with our levian (3-day process), and we've nibbled our way through half a loaf already. Not very keto-friendly at all.

Lookin' forward to the photos.

Comment

Potkettleblack , I am excited for your posts using your new Cloche. Happy Birthday!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here