Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keto friendly quiche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keto friendly quiche

Havent made this in a while but had a hankering this morning and since i know there are few keto/low peeps on here i figured i would post it. I change up the filling most times i make it, this time i used ground pork, yellow peppers, and goat cheese. Other times ive used ground beef and taco seasoning...you see where im going. I usually also include shredded zucchini or spinach just to get something green in there.

The crust is made from almond flour and coconut oil.

Crust
    2 cups almond flour
    2 tbsp coconut oil
    1 large egg
    season to taste

Filling
    6 eggs
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1lb ground meat of choice
    cheese/veggie to taste
    seasoning to taste

I do the crust in the food processor then press into a cheesecake tin with the removable sides/bottom. Cook the meat and let it cool. Whip up the eggs, cream, and seasoning then mix in the rest. Pour it into the crust and bake at 350 for about an hour or until it stops jiggling and passes the toothpick test.

Its pretty easy and makes a great breakfast or snack for keto/low carb lovers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	file (1).jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	619407

I will have to try this. I like the way you created the crust. Because of food intolerance, we have always skipped the crust and just done the frittata. We haven't had a quiche in many years. Thanks

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      SparkDog If you are looking for a true quiche then you def want to cut down on the amount of ground meat to get more of that egg taste and texture.

• SparkDog
      SparkDog commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the extra meat. Eggs are good but they are the binder.

I just make them crustless in either the Sous Vide or in a parchment lined pot, and it’s pure keto, not need for crust. But pecans and or almonds are a good way to go.

Comment

Gonna try it with my twist this week.

Comment

• grantgallagher
        grantgallagher commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking forward to results!

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        grantgallagher I'm thinking bacon grease instead of coconut oil, and just egg white in the crust. Then smoked ground beef, diced jalapenos and Fresno's, with some smoked Swiss all mixed into some fresh duck eggs.

• grantgallagher
        grantgallagher commented
        Editing a comment
        It sounded really good up until duck eggs and then i passed out from over stimulation.

Sign me up!

I luv EGG Pie

Comment

• grantgallagher
        grantgallagher commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol! Thats what i need to call it for my kid to eat it. If i call it quiche...forget it

Also, be aware that the type of meat you use will vastly effect the cooking time...and the mess in your oven.

i find ground beef spews out a ton of juice which increases cooking time and drips all over the place so i recommend using an oven mat or a sheet tray and foil on the rack underneath to catch the mess

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here