Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best bread for Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best bread for Q

Hi

What would you say are the best breads to surround our Q? Particularly for pulled beef and pork?

If I want something robust enough to take the meat and sauce and not fall to bits quickly, but be a great texture?

Cheers.

Hard to say... for sammies I usually use storebought buns. Ciabatta might be good, eh?

Comment

I've tried just about every bread and bun you can think of. Call me crazy, but store bought hamburger buns or white loaf bread work for me.

Admittedly, it's all about the meat, in my mind. So I don't want sauce and bread trying to take center stage, but that's just me.

Comment

Usually use the King’s Hawaiian Dinner rolls. Stands up well to the sauces, tastes good and somehow makes the meats stretch to more people. Must be the smaller size 😏😏😏

Best regards,

Jim

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          How about King’s Hawaiian Hamburger buns .... love ‘em

• DogFaced PonySoldier
          DogFaced PonySoldier commented
          Editing a comment
          I've always hated the King's Hawaiian stuff. I can't stand a sweet bread, for some reason, even though most everyone else I know loves them.

• 6th Borough BBQ
          6th Borough BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought I was the only one who did this! - Guess not!

Store bought hamburger buns work for me also.

Comment

Kaiser or Brioche Buns

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
            DogFaced PonySoldier commented
            Editing a comment
            Brioche, that's what I was thinking of. Even better choice.

Store bought buns for me, too.

Comment

Any undistracting bread that holds together for me!

Comment

I’m kind of old school, good old thick cut white bread

Comment

I like white bread variation #3 from The Bread Baker's Apprentice. It's an easy recipe and so much better than anything you'll buy at the store. And as long as you're standing around waiting for that pork butt to finish, might as well bake bread!

Comment

My choice would be sourdough.

Comment

I usually skip the bread altogether.

Comment

Putting something on a bun? Potato rolls.
                      Bread as a side? Plain old sliced white bread.

Comment

Usually a homemade Wheat Hamburger Bun. I just like to bake bread so much so that's what I do.

Comment

kaiser cause it doesn't have that "big bread" filling feel......kinda melts in your mouth along with the pulled pork. (although, that may be due to my saliva glands being on turbo)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here