Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks Like Some Bread Myths Are Being Shattered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks Like Some Bread Myths Are Being Shattered

Too bad I don't have a spare $625...

Yikes!! Well I have already had several bread myths shattered for me over the last few years, so I think I will save the money for a new cooker. 😎

Comment

I think I'll just stick with Ken Forkish ... and keep a few of those myths alive ...

Comment

That guy knows how to price and promote his product!

Comment

Yet another reason to be glad I buy bread and not flour.

Comment

All of a sudden the fact that I am a lousy baker and a great pitmaster doesn't make me feel so bad. Sausage and breads are my bane.

Comment

You guys listening to modernist bread crumbs podcasts?
              http://heritageradionetwork.org/seri...t-breadcrumbs/ you can glean a lot of the methods. This series of books I'm saving for (it's expensive 565$ Amazon but 6 books (including the recipe book) 94$ per book) . It seems to be more accessible for the home cook than the first series. Canned bread. Purees added to bread. 120% hydration (looks like they use gelatin to make high hydration easier to deal with). Definitely expensive but even if you never buy it those techniques will filter out just like the first series.

Comment

• Michael Brinton
                Michael Brinton commented
                Editing a comment
                In reality I'm going to buy it I just haven't worked out the repercussions with the wife yet :-). Still working on a sales pitch.

I’ll likely be reviving it sooner or later. But I’m sticking with the man and the myths of Forkish and the myth busting of Willy.

Comment

I really like Ken Forkish's book "Flour, Water, Salt and Yeast. " That's my got to right now, and I think the Kindle edition was $19.99.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here