Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You ever try this one over a fire or in coals? I've thought about doing this while camping.

Comment

• boftx
      boftx commented
      Editing a comment
      Never tried fire only, but I have done it the smoker (covered skillet) before. Just takes longer. I see no reason why you couldn't as long as you don't let it get too hot on the bottom and have the right lid. (The covers for the 5 1/2 qt Dutch ovens fits the 10 1/4" skillet.)

Looks nice, love corn bread.

Comment

looks amazing! nice example pics! Im thinking back to childhood. my grandma used lard for everything. it was good when you dunked in the bean water. i think she used too much lard. i dont have the same fond memories but i want this!

i want some now!

Comment

• boftx
        boftx commented
        Editing a comment
        Two words: bacon grease

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        yup!

Certainly going to give this one a shot. I've never had it with vanilla.

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
      Man I love a good bowl of corn bread, milk, and sugar
      I thought I was the only one to do this. my wife looks at me like I'm nuts when I sit down in the evening and have a bowl of cornbread with milk poured over.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here