Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Round of Applause For @Breadhead!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've made it 1 month... 31 days.👍

I have not smoked a cigarette. I have walked at least 5 or 10 miles every day.

I've cheated on drinking, a little bit. Wine with dinner every other day was irresistible.😎

I've lost 11 pounds.

I've been miserable daily.

I'm still trying to figure out how to rearrange my life so it's different from my smoking and drinking life. One thing I know for sure is I'm not going to smoke cigarettes, nicotine.

Now... we start on day 32.👍 One day at a time.😎

Comment

One day at a time is all any of us can do. Those days have already added up to a month for you. Next thing you know, the months will start adding up to years - all one day at a time. You've already got it - the days rolling by is just a formality.

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        After 31 days I'm more devoted to weight loss now. I need to quit cheating on the alcohol. I have high blood pressure so quitting drinking (during weight loss) will help with that. I don't plan to stop drinking forever.😖 Right now not smoking is easier than not drinking. Less drinking more walking.👍

Congratulations! Breadhead
      ​​​​​I've tried cold turkey with cigarettes and it didn't work for me. So I turned to e-cigarettes a few week ago and right now I'm at about 50% cigs and 50% e-cigs. Once I replace cigs with e-cigs completely I will deal with quitting them. At least they are less harmful than real cigs. ( I keep telling myself ) As far as alcohol is concerned let's just take one thing at a time...,.I have been riding my bicycle to work and other short journeys for over a year now and it has done wonders for my fitness. I guess us 'distinguished gentlemen' ( read 'getting old' ) need to look after ourselves a bit better....
      Don'be miserable -be grateful!....11pounds! Wow ..... Congrats!...
      Last edited by Steve Vojtek; February 1, 2017, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        It sounds like you're on the right track Steve. Hang in there and you will become a former smoker too.👍 I went in today for an extensive physical. It will take many appointments to complete this full blown physical but I think it's the right thing to do at 65 years old.

I'm extremely impressed! I have been walking the dogs 5 miles every other day because of you. It helped that we had a dry spell. The dogs are grateful to you. I can't do the weight loss goal because you have also inspired me to take my weight lifting seriously. So along with fat loss I am gaining muscle and the scale does not become my friend. My goal is to spend so much time with the two endeavors that I can kick this nasty Copenhagen habit. I don't chew when working out/walking and am down to three times a day. Again, this has all been because of your story. Thank you!

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm glad I've inspired you to get healthy. I'm sure your dogs are wagging their tails when they see you preparing to take them for a walk. Chewing is every bit as addictive as smoking. You have to get your brain motivated and ready to suffer with you, It's NOT easy!!! Good luck, keep walking.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here