Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gassed up Pretzels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gassed up Pretzels

Took the Cooks Country Ballpark Pretzels from the latest issue and thought I'd gas them up a bit. It need some practice but it was fun and the taste was good.

Last edited by Jon Solberg; October 12, 2014, 06:33 PM.

Very nice Jon, look spot on. I have the same issue and I would say you nailed it. How did they taste? I am sure as good as they look. I love that Summit!!!

So far from that issue, I have done the Senate Navy Bean Soup and the Easy Rustic Bread. My next endeavor is the Bourbon Butter Steak Tips
    Last edited by jmeier64; October 12, 2014, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks jmeier, They tasted great. I took them up to the GF's work and I'm waiting on the reviews, I'm not happy with the look of them at all. Next time.

I really enjoy that summit. I cashed in lots of road trip miles and points to make that happen.

Comment

Could you hang them dudes on hooks. Or would that look too execution like?

Comment

Not really, I mean they got the firing squad today.

Comment

They got a Far Side joke where a guy facing the firing squad is getting his last cigarette lit, and a woman whose house is burning yells, "FIRE!!!!"

Comment

Nice post Jon, way to go!

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                Jon Solberg commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you : )

MonkeySee is a premier destination website providing free access to a HUGE collection of food, lifestyle, how-to, DIY, advice, and informational videos. Watch. Learn. Do.

They also make like the best pretzels.

Comment

Their pretzel do rule! I had an issue with dough that felt overwork but it wasn't. To much pull back. I needed to let it rise a bit longer or maybe a warmer rise. I may have punched it down to hard out of habit. The recipe called to just deflate it. : 0

I haven't worked dough from bread flour much other than for bread. It was difficult to rope. Resting it didn't help. ?????

Once I figure that out I'm going to try and wood fire them in the pizza kettel
                Last edited by Jon Solberg; October 12, 2014, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Nice job for your first try. Shaping pretzels takes practice. There are lots of videos on YouTube on that topic.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here