Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cookies anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookies anyone?

Here is a recipe from ChefSteps for chocolate chip cookies. I know - there are a bazillion recipes online for CC cookies. The recipe itself is not super special, but the discussion of what each ingredient does and why you do a step in a particular way is very interesting. Anyway, I thought some might enjoy.

I love it. My wife and mom make fantastic chocolate chip cookies. My niece goes to college in my town and comes over to make them. She doesn't like any help. Her cookies, however, need a lot of help. She has no idea why she uses the same ingredients my wife and mom do but can't make cookies the same. Her reluctance (or impatience) to watch and absorb what is going on during the process is her downfall, I am sure. This article will make her say "Oh, I get it". Thank you.

This also is why Amazing Ribs is such a great place to learn. The "hows and whys" of your cookie article really describe why I am here. Be it brisket, tri-tip, ribs or pulled pork, I am always not only learning new techniques from members, but the whys. They are vitally important. Everyone here comes with different equipment, different styles within their equipment and they share their lessons learned. I am a better cook because of it.

Comment

Butter, butter and more butter in the dough, then barely cook them. Thats the best.

Comment

Here's a recipe that my daughter and I made a long time ago when she was a little kid.

Buy a gallon of a premium brand chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, one that has a high cookie dough to ice cream ratio. Take your time and separate all of the cookie dough from the ice cream. Refreeze the ice cream, let the cookie dough thaw and you should have enough dough to make about 6 small cookies. Press them into about a half dollar size cookie and bake them for about 5 minutes, maybe less. After cooling eat them all in about 2 minutes.

My daughter and I actually did this because I didn't believe that it was real cookie dough inside the ice cream. Turns out that it was and the cookies were surprisingly good. The ice cream kind of sucked though with all of the dough removed.

Comment

Thanks for sharing RonB Good CC cookies are my absolute favorite dessert, breakfast, dinner, snack, repeat. I have tried America's Test Kitchen's recipe and didn't care for it. Usually they are the masters of "best" since they test recipes a hundred times. Theirs are caramely, a little darker, I forget the details but they have you cook the sugar first or something. Even though they're soft, they have a crispy texture, if that makes sense. I didn't care for that. I like ooey gooey good.

I will check this recipe out and give her a go!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here