Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leftover Pulled pork pizza.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leftover Pulled pork pizza.

Let's use up that leftover pulled pork, yes? First, the dough. I normally make a big batch and keep it ready to go in the refrigerator. Works well with kids in the house, I don't mess with delivery or digiorno.
    You'll need:
    • 2 1/4 teaspoon yeast.
    • 15 ounces bread flour. Works best but all purpose flour will do as well.
    • About 1 Teaspoon honey, I really do not measure, just squeeze the honey
    • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
    • About 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 1 cup lukewarm water, about 100 degrees.

Directions: Mix water and honey, heat in the microwave until lukewarm. Stir in yeast and let that sit until foamy, about 10 minutes Add olive oil and salt, mix well Gradually add the flour, stirring with a spoon until the spoon can't do the job anymore. Dump that mess on a floured board and knead, adding flour as needed, for about 10 minutes. You'll know when it's ready, trust me. You may or may not use all the flour. You want the dough to be slightly sticky. This is imperative for that crispy pizza crust. Form a ball, oil a large bowl, toss the dough to coat with oil, cover with plastic and let it rise to about double in size. After rising, divide into 4 equal balls, for 10 inch pizza, 3 equal balls for 12 inch thin crust pizzas. At this stage, you can place the divided balls into a container with a tight lid and refrigerate up to 4 days. Or place in ziploc freezer bag and freeze. Stretch, do not role, the dough into any shape of your liking.

For my pulled pork pizza: I stretched the dough, applied a thin layer of olive oil. Smear my homemade BBQ sauce. mixed the pork with more BBQ sauce and lay it on the pizza Added grated Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan Reggiano. Bake in a 550 degrees oven for about 10 - 12 minutes Grab a brew and enjoy:
    Last edited by Ernest; September 30, 2014, 07:33 PM.

Nice to see that Chicago cut on the gorgeous pie!

Comment

Ernest thanks for posting this. That looks awesome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PBA.png
Views:	111
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	22262

Comment

I tell you what, I will be doing more butts just for this. It was a hit.
        I had to stop my kids from going for thirds!!

Comment

Ernest this looks amazing. It looks like I always pictured it would. I'm just so lazy when it comes to doing indoor pizza dough & such. I know you're a make-your-own kinda guy, but is there a storebought pizza dough you recommend? Eventually I will transition into the baker's world, but not yet.

Comment

Sorry Huskee I don't remember the last time I bought pizza dough. Back then Trader Joe's had a good one or Safeway pizza balls.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here