Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time Brioche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Brioche

Last night I did some brioche buns using a 40 minute recipe I found. Breadhead I think I may have been bitten by the Dough Bug. I continue to work on the pizza crust. It's getting alot better. Just got my 00 flour so now I need to try that AND give this bread thing some more attention too!

Oh my... Those look fantastic👍 We call that bug MBMBS.... Must Bake More Bread Syndrome. It's like MCS, once you get it there's no cure.😎

Welcome to the MBMBS gang...👍

Comment

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Breadhead. I will keep trying. Pizza Bread. Pizza Bread. Pizza Bread. Etc. Etc.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      You will be baking sourdough bread before the end of the year...😎

Great looking bunzzz Skip .

Comment

Awesome buns, what did you fill them with? Chopped brisket would be perfect.

Comment

• Skip
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        A little honey last night just try them and pulled pork tonight. Thank you for the kind words.

Here's what Chef Jacob does with his Brioche dough for finger food...

And Here's another thing Chef Jacob does with the same exact Brioche dough we make the buns with...😆
      https://stellaculinary.com/cooking-v...oche-doughnuts
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Breadhead; August 2, 2016, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Bread is one of my weaknesses. These just look way too good Skip and Breadhead! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Chef Jacob Burton sent me this message this afternoon.

"I'm really busy with a new project right now but I'll dig in a bit more this weekend."

I look forward to seeing him in the Pit.👍

Comment

I'm a tad ashamed to say that I really have no interest in baking bread. I do, however, plan to make pure teff injera one of these days because it kicked my ass the first time and I cant let that stand. Plus, I ❤ me some Ethiopian food and it's just not complete without injera.

Comment

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              When Chef Jacob comes online this weekend show him the recipe you used last time. Tell him what your disappointment was with your finished product and I'll bet he can walk you through it so that you get better results next time.
              Last edited by Breadhead; August 2, 2016, 10:49 PM.

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              I will, but I think the problem was the pan. After spending 5 or 7 (don't remember which) days building a teff sourdough starter, the injera stuck to the pan and came off in little pieces. Before I try again Imma get a 13" round non-stick griddle pan.

Nicely done! Watch out for Breadhead. He's a bad influence.

Comment

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              If I had my way we would all have MBMBS...😆

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here