Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pan Cubano ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RonB ... You MAY be correct. However I'm not sure.

I contacted Chef Jacob Burton who is a master bread baker. He helped me develop the recipe and processes for the Ultimate Brioche Hamburger buns that Meathead has published under the bread page in the tested recipes thread.

I'm very curious what his response will be on this discussion. He and I have talked about purposely shortening the gluten strands in bread recipes/formula's before when we were trying to develop a particular type of bread.

I'll let you know how he feels about it...👍

Comment

Thanx - I'm always interested in different ideas. BTW - if you make pie dough, Kenji's recipe without vodka is the easiest and most fool proof recipe I have used.

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
        ... if you make pie dough, Kenji's recipe without vodka is the easiest and most fool proof recipe I have used.

I'm not planing on Cuban pie anytime soon but if I do I'll be sure to start another thread. : )
        ​

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe not a Cuban pot pie, but if you want to take a chicken or beef pot pie to the next level, try making it with smoked meat. And don't forget to make your stock from the chicken carcass and/or drippings.
          Last edited by RonB; April 17, 2016, 06:13 AM.

• Jon Solberg
          Jon Solberg commented
          Editing a comment
          All my stiocks are made fresh. I don't use cook carcass. Nohing wrong with it I just think for the same effort fresh is good.
          Last edited by Jon Solberg; April 17, 2016, 11:59 AM.

Jon,
        How did the first batch turn out? Did they taste the way you wanted them to? Did you do sandwiches with them?

Just wanted to say that I haven't been a member here long but I'm constantly impressed by the passion a lot of you have for cooking. I was in the restaurant biz for a while and that passion is something that's easy to start losing. Took me a few years to get it back after I left. So I can only stand up and applaud you for how much time and effort you took to get this recipe right. Bravo!

Comment

The first batch was good. Not quite the texture I'm looking for. Taste was good. The wind messed with me a bit. Thats the price of cooking on a grill I guess. I dont plan on making sandwiches till I get the bread dialed in. I'll do another round later in the week. I also plan on making homemade mustard for them so I need to get that figured out as well. Hope to do a test run of country mustard today. Be a few weeks till I get to the goal.
          Last edited by Jon Solberg; April 17, 2016, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here