Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else ever see this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else ever see this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230119_170025.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	1366947
    On a bag of flour I just got.
    Really???

Click image for larger version

Name:	Open Box b4 eating Pizza.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1366963

Seriously? Or just silly/dipstick marketing?

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually after eating some za's one wonders if the cardboard wouldn't have tasted better.

I have always understood raw batters may contain bugaboos that can make things uncomfortable. I was one to always lick the beaters. Not so much anymore.
    Plus these days everyone has a CYA campaign.

Comment

Sorry, but when the LW makes chocolate chip cookies I’m licking the beaters, scraping the bowl, and having a big tablespoon of raw batter to boot. I’ve been doing it for 60 years and I’m not stopping now 😝.

Comment

I mean... yeah. Flour is raw and contains bacteria etc. That's why you can make a sourdough starter from just flour and water.

Is the risk high? I mean, no. I ate cookie dough out of the bowl as a kid. But there IS a risk.

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          cookie dough Ice Cream, how should I cook it?

• nunyaz
          nunyaz commented
          Editing a comment
          There's a risk getting out of bed in the morning 😳
          Especially at my age 🤪

• Sid P
          Sid P commented
          Editing a comment
          You stopped?

We are in trouble as a society.

Comment

Anecdotally I think the risks of driving to the store to buy the flour are higher (car accidents, store shootings, you name it) than the risk of getting sick from eating raw flour/eggs/batter, but as stated above, there's always a risk. Ever get a belly bug? An on-the-toilet-all-day bug? They seem to come out of nowhere. Well, these things help explain that sorta issue.

Comment

I'm willing to bet they were sued by some dolt convinced there shudda been a dozen biscuits in that bag.

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              Powder biscuits, I guess.

Can we snort it? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here