Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m a purist… mostly…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m a purist… mostly…

Editing…
    Last edited by Washblue; May 1, 2022, 01:27 AM.

Oh man, I love good cornbread!

Comment

That is a point of contention in our house. I like savory, maybe with jalapeños and crackling in it, wife likes it so sweet it is like cake...

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        No thanks, I don't like super sweet cornbread. If it has a tiny bit of sweet, that's alright, but I do love me some savory much better!

Growing up what we called cornbread was actually corn pone. The little restaurant in town made savory cornbread which we called city cornbread. When we first got married my wife made me her Mom’s cornbread which was sweet and the first words out of my mouth was "This ain’t cornbread." I have repeated that phrase often whenever someone serves me sweet cornbread.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        Danger! If that was the first words out of your mouth when your 'new wife' made her mom's cornbread recipe, that coulda been a recipe for disaster! Wow. lol

• DaveD
        DaveD commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, he's here to tell the tale...!

Washblue I'm with you on savory cornbread! What's in that compound butter? Looks great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here