Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanilla Extract Prices $$$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tamidw
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the link!

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    I love the Mexican Vanilla. This is my brand of choice. I use it when I bake with white chocolate.

Pure Mexican Vanilla, FDA inspected, NO Coumarin or corn syrup. Save time and money by shopping at Global Goods.

• JustKyle
    replied
    I am not a baker of sweets so my knowledge is fairly limited. I use vanilla for home made ice cream and I’ve tried a couple of different extracts and found most of what is at the supermarket lacks flavor. I only use La Vencedora vanilla. My grandparents live right at the border of Mexico and have been getting it for years for the family. My mom moved down there and gets it for me now, I think the last time she bought it for me it was about $3. If I don’t have that vanilla, I won’t make ice cream. I have found it in some local supermercados, but here it’s about $15 for the same bottle.

Leave a comment:

• tamidw
    replied
    It might be cheaper to make a vacation trip to Mexico and get a bottle there. When we were in Mexico last May, we all grabbed a bottle to bring home.

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    Hail no.

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    Kinda like beaver gland extract in vanilla ice cream? Yea, that is a real thing.

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    Vanillin comes from wood and is typically made for the waste product of papermills.. the feds say it is safe...

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply

25CT

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    So which beans are you getting? There was a link that was 10 beans for $14.99 and another that was 3 beans for $24? I know on the spice places I've checked, its closer to the 3 for $24 pricing for Madagascar beans.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    My wife does the homemade stuff and she has been happy with her bottles to date.

• SheilaAnn
    replied
    Thanks for the links and advice. I am going to try my hand at the homemade version. Picked up the vanilla beans I listed above. Picked up this vodka. It was highly recommended from my Total Wine guy. Super clean taste. He said that this vodka will be good for this project. About $21 for the bottle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	57FB8058-DA32-4012-818A-931A2D399995.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	1163091

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    We offer only the best and most potent Madagascar Vanilla Extract. No flavorings, glycerin, or Propylene glycol. Pure deliciousness.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    I highly recommend these fine folks https://www.southernflavoring.com/pr...anilla-extract I know the owner personally and they provide a great product. Their ground pepper is awesome as well.

Leave a comment:

• WillTravelForFood
    commented on 's reply
    Is there a Dislike button on this forum?

• WillTravelForFood
    replied
    SheilaAnn agreed about Penzey vanilla pricing this year, had to buy a gift bottle for a neighbor and was shocked (shocked, I say) at the $$$$. But because it was a gift, we went with it.

for our own purposes, we’ve been using the Giant Costco vanilla (it’s not "double vanilla", so we just use more if we feel like it. ). The price is decent for the amount you get. Costco also sells whole vanilla bean, which was also at a reasonable price this year . As others have said, vodka and bourbon are in our future.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here