Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bread oven set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bread oven set up

4 of the 6 from this weeks bakes are done and going out the door. I’m also posting photos of my bread and oven set up at the 10 minute mark, the 20 minute mark, the 30 minute mark, the 40 minute mark, and when I pull it out at the 45-50 minute mark… I have a really cheap oven that has tons of h9t spots, so I turn mine every 10 minutes on the parchment paper. The top shelf is a pizza steel, the shelf below it is a 1/2 sheet pan full of water that is just bubbling in an oven at 475.

Click image for larger version  Name:	345BD8D1-6187-4977-B3BF-E6421D9FE6D7.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	625.0 KB ID:	1084429
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7F96C900-79FB-4709-887F-0E76059310CB.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	4.55 MB ID:	1084434
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1A47AB7A-91E2-4485-9954-590C0358BE31.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	2.99 MB ID:	1084431
    Click image for larger version  Name:	D091DE7B-A094-40F9-8F4B-C035422B4D61.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	3.04 MB ID:	1084433
    Click image for larger version  Name:	66AD4B55-7F08-4F5F-851C-304EE4E4C579.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	3.52 MB ID:	1084432
    Click image for larger version  Name:	968B92E0-1BAA-4DAC-B4A1-6F7F2DCD5FEA.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	691.9 KB ID:	1084430
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; August 28, 2021, 10:17 AM.

FANTASTIC Richard! I don't know what else to say...

Comment

Richard, I think it's time for a new oven.... https://pleasanthillgrain.com/rofco-...gn=Rofco%20B40

Comment

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        See, now you're talking.

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course they would be 'Sold Out'! I mean, Covid, supply chains, folks like Richard......

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure we can find you one Dr. Pepper

I only posted these photos of the bake, so if someone did not want to do the "Dutch oven" method. I think I get better results in this set up. Plus no burning your hands.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Always thought burnin yer hands was a integral parta th whole cookin experience...

Mebbe I been doin it wrong LOL!

Unbelievable bread!!

Comment

Looks awesome! My mouth is watering!

Comment

Wow, all I can say. Ok, beautiful. Said that as well.
          I have done a few in the Dutch Oven - bit of a pain when baking more than one loaf.
          I'm going to try your baking method. And, my oven looks like your ;-)

Comment

Great lookin' as usual Richard.

Comment

You are and artist sir. Great work again!

Comment

Dr. Pepper thought you may want to see and share with your daughter, this is a big steam oven bake

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                  Dr. Pepper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Done! Thanks, master!

Lovely. And it looks like the frequent rotating really helps even everything out.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                  Richard Chrz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  For my cheap oven it is a necessary. However, I have learned a lot by watching my bread behave in the oven. So, likely the gift in the cheap oven.

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Men Who Stare at Bread"
                  Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 29, 2021, 11:46 AM.

Richard, so you bake one at a time? We have a Wolf steam oven (unfortunately not inexpensive) which would be great, if only I was along that path. I have offered its use to our daughter. She has been skeptical since she has been using the Dutch oven, but maybe your bakes will change her mind. I'm keeping her updated on your posts. She is amazed by your results.

Learn more about the Wolf 24" E Series Transitional Convection Steam Oven CSO2450TE/S/T. Product features, specifications and downloads available here.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                  Richard Chrz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That’s awesome! I think she should take you up on that offering. If she is on fb, have her follow my fairchild kitchen page, I’m going to start sharing more steps that I take in my bakes that I feel matter, in my process that is. Not the "right" way, just my way.

• Richard Chrz
                  Richard Chrz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think how I set up my steam oven came from understanding humidity in smoking, and it’s effects on internal temp relationships.
                  Last edited by Richard Chrz; August 28, 2021, 10:59 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here