Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First lesson on baguettes..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First lesson on baguettes..

So, I have some learning to do, they should have been no longer then 12 1/2 inches for my oven, yet they were 14 1/2 inches, free form shaping and proofing will take some practice. Over all for first run, I give my self a 3 out of 5, with a 5 being Unachievable.. Also baked my mom a 1 kilo batard, at 70 percent, scoring was poor, yet, it will be tasty and will have a great crumb.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D8E255A8-D376-4145-B81A-6A0AFFE01C5D.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	4.87 MB ID:	1029271
    Click image for larger version  Name:	FA6443C0-39EA-450E-ABDF-F22DFFD125F0.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	5.07 MB ID:	1029272
    Click image for larger version  Name:	239AE825-A31F-4939-8361-77CEE27C6FE6.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	1.45 MB ID:	1029270
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; May 9, 2021, 12:16 PM.

It looks like you did a good job on the baguette - the crumb looks right to me. I think you could make your scores a bit longer and a bit closer to parallel to the length of the baguette and possibly get a bit better rise, but that is just nit-picking.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I’m nit picking the heck out of it as well. I see all of that, plus I believe I can do better on the crumb as well. I hope to move to a pain a’ l’Ancienne with this baguette
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; May 9, 2021, 12:40 PM.

Oooo, nice!

Comment

you done good and you must be a do gooder.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here