Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teaser photo on a loaf on part of my morning bake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teaser photo on a loaf on part of my morning bake.

Can not wait to cut this open.. added chocolate chips...

Click image for larger version

Name:	0A548476-E0A0-495A-8146-C268428E064B.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	1022378

I'd buy AND eat that, now Richard, I'm hungry !!!

Comment

Both of this mornings bake.

Name:	FB5AA86B-D7EC-4B0F-8227-9089016DE79F.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	1022400

Comment

Needs more chocolate, a decent first attempt though.

Name:	9B64477C-AE79-431C-B4CC-70399A78D465.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	1022425

Comment

Looking Good. Good enough to eat even if I am trying to keep carbs low.

Comment

I am going to make French toast out of a slice of the chocolate loaf, and then will give that to a friend. The second one I baked for my wife, she asked for a loaf today, will likely cut half of hers into croutons, and make a grilled cheese sandwich, I’m a type one diabetic, insulin dependent, so, I rarely eat a slice of anything I bake. My wife likes an occasional loaf. Bread and baking, much like bbq, I’m in it for the education, and how it can bring people together. Paid off a lot of debts of gratitude with a smoked meat or baked goods.

Comment

More great stuff Richard.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                Richard Chrz commented
                Editing a comment
                So if a guy would like to geek out and get a solid online education in boulangerie, where might one start? Not recipes, but knowledge?

• SheilaAnn
                SheilaAnn commented
                Editing a comment
                Richard Chrz Master Class?

• Richard Chrz
                Richard Chrz commented
                Editing a comment
                SheilaAnn I remember you saying that you had cooked through his pizza book.

Yeah, it’s to bad ya ruined it. Just put it in a bag & hang it in yer door knob.

BTW, what’s yer address?

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                Richard Chrz commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol, you would likely be in luck, I am currently hanging a loaf out there likely 4 times a week for a friend to pick up.

One good book is Bread Science by Beuhler, but it is more of a text.

Books and online stuff by Reinhart, Lahey and Forkish of course. Too many others to mention, but the following sites are mostly good:

* http://www.breadcetera.com/ Good info in some of the recipes

* https://northwestsourdough.com/Paid site for lessons

* https://sfbi.com/Paid site for lessons

* https://breadtopia.com/Lot of good stuff

* https://www.chowhound.com/post/bread...ebsites-930597Links to a bunch of sites - scroll down a little

* https://www.seriouseats.com/2014/10/...o-it-righ.htmlTheir usual take on a subject

I haven't been to most of these for some time, so things may have changed. Several sites I was going to list no longer exist.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                Richard Chrz commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, I had forgotten Peter Reinhart, I have one of his books. Jumped back in, better read then I remember, but, maybe just more ready to read it..

• SheilaAnn
                SheilaAnn commented
                Editing a comment
                Peter Reinhart is my jams!

So the chocolate loaf, warmed up, so the chocolate is a bit melty with a bit of butter and peanut butter, is an experience in of it’s self, bibs advised. Lol
              Last edited by Richard Chrz; April 26, 2021, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here