Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Very nice job! Congrats.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Spinaker
    Do you spritz your PBC briskets as well, or just your KBQ or kamado ones?
    Thanks!
    Kathryn

• jharner
    replied
    Good looking cook. Have never done just a flat, always smoke a whole because my group is divided. Some like the flat and some like the cap. Plus there is SOMETIMES left overs

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    I'm in on that brisket
    But where's the beanz....

Leave a comment:

• Redwng
    replied
    Looks good from here, what did you think?

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    I see a smoke ring and some moisture. You done good!

Leave a comment:

• willxfmr
    replied
    Looks good to me. Congratulations on getting the first one under your belt!
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    replied
    Looks tasty! How is it?

Leave a comment:

• Dansmith1
    replied
    So I think my first brisket was a success, let me know what you think
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, the board goes well with the meat.......and some PBR. bbqLuv

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    I am impressed, the cutting board this is. The chunk of meat looks good enough to pair with PBR.
    Happy Grilling to you.

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    He’s right

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    +1

• Spinaker
    replied
    I would make sure to trim that fat cap down to about a 1/4 inch all around. This will help with the cook time and allow that rub and smoke to be eaten. Not many people will want a 1/.2 layer of fat in their bite, they discard it and then out goes your bark, run and smoke! I usually run my smoker at about 275 F. This is about perfect.

Once you have it trimmed up, give it some salt and let it sit in the fridge over night, uncovered. The next day, throw it on the smoker. I would go buy some chunks as they will last much longer than those chips you have. Buy some hickory or oak, to me that is the best for brisket. Throw one of the chunks directly on the hot fire once you add the meat.

I like to give it a spit with some water, champagne vinegar, apple cider vinegar and amino acids. (Equal parts) Then I do this every half hour or so for the first three hours to keep the brisket moist. It also allows for more smoke to adhere to the surface of the brisket.

For me personally, I like to wrap when I have the color I like. That is usually a dark brown mahogany color. The meat is generally at about 175 F when I get to this point. Then I will wrap it and wait until it gets to about 202 F internal. Then take it off the smoker and let it sit, wrapped, in a warm oven for AT LEAST two hours, three is better.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2E44A64A-0A0D-48B2-92D7-CD86D9E065A4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.25 MB ID:	999170

Then slice and serve right away. If you slice then allow it to sit out, it will dry out. So make sure to slice right before you are going to serve it.

And make sure to check out the link others have posted above.

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    Going to pass this post on to you: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...brisket-method Eric hits all the high points.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here