Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse sear NY Strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HorseDoctor
    replied
    Another technique that works very well if you've got the toys to pull it off is to "sous vide" the steaks @ about 120 degrees for an hour or two followed by a very fast sear over extreme heat. I crank my BGE as hot as it will go (thermometer pegged) and give them about 30 seconds per side. A little tough on gasket longevity for the BGE but end result is awesome! Could also get similar results, one steak at a time, searing over a charcoal chimney.

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    replied
    I did a thick NY strip just a couple weeks ago. The reverse sear is pretty much the only way to do them, unless you wand the outsides burnt.

THEY ARE AWESOME!

Leave a comment:

• CurlingDog
    replied
    1-3/4" thick is approaching beef roast thickness. reverse sear is definitely the way to go with those bad boys. Congrats, and good luck!

Leave a comment:

• DeusDingo
    replied
    the reverse sear should apply to any cut of meat that is too thick to just grill directly without overcooking most of it. pretty much anything greater than 1 inch thick. i do it with pork chops, steaks, chicken, even thick burgers.

Leave a comment:

• Rabbitthedawg
    started a topic Reverse sear NY Strips

Reverse sear NY Strips

Have couple 1.75 in thick prime NY strips and want to try the reverse sear. I did the reverse sear on prime rib eyes and they were the best steaks I've ever cooked. Has anyone done this with NY strips? Same method?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here