Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aged beef steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aged beef steak

Hello!

I've been planning on doing a steak/wine/cheese tasting for a few friends and I, only problem is, I've never eaten/cooked 40 day+ aged steak before, I'm planning on buying a ribeye and cooking it on my bbq, but I've been wondering if there was anything special I should look out for.

I dont have the largest budget, so I want to get this one right!

Thanks

You looking for guidance on aging a ribeye or buying aged steaks & want tips on grilling?

Comment

I splurge on dry-aged steaks now and again and there is no difference in cooking methods between aged steaks and regular supermarket quality steak. Just don't overload it on rubs and spices, oil salt and pepper is all you need. The steaks taste fantastic on their own so don't need to mask the flavor. Hopefully your guests like medium/medium rare doneness because anything past that would be a shame. When buying a dry-aged steak make sure you go to a butcher that has the right setup to store the steaks properly. I have a few very good butchers that i go to in Brooklyn and you don't have to worry about the quality. You should see them in a glass case hanging around behind the regular display. Some may look a bit purple but that's the aging process, they will trim it and it will be fine. If your friends aren't very big steak snobs they should be very impressed!

Comment

Thanks! And yes I was specifically looking for grilling advice.

Comment

What DSilman said.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here